Monday, September 21, 2009

Tomato-Cheese Ravioli Soup

I'm trying to cook healthier, and when I was trying to come up with a menu for this week I flipped open my Cooking Light cookbook and it opened to this recipe. I am so glad I tried it. It took about 15 minutes and it's really good. It's about 300 calories for a 1 1/4 cup serving.

1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
3 cups frozen ravioli
1 small zucchini, sliced
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Add ravioli, zucchini and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 7-8 minutes or until ravioli and zucchini are tender.

317 calories, 6.3 grams fat, 14.6 grams protein

No comments:

Post a Comment