Monday, February 9, 2009

Cabbage Tortellini

Let me first say that this is not my recipe. My photographer friend Viviana has started adding recipes to her blog. I wanted to try this recipe, but was a little scared at first. I've only had cabbage at one place, Luby's. And it's usually cooked up with bacon and grease....all the fattening stuff. When I told Stephen about this recipe, he told me he didn't like cabbage. But I told him we were both going to try this recipe to see if we really liked cabbage. He ate it, and he actually liked it. He said it wasn't a top 5 recipe, but he'd eat it again. I was also pleasantly suprised. I made it a little healthier by using whole wheat tortellini and smoked turkey sausage. For pictures of step by step instructions, visit Vivi's site at www.heartspunimagery.typepad.com and click on the recipe button on the right hand side. It's all the way at the bottom, since it was the first recipe she posted.


1 onion (I used frozen onions)
1 head of cabbage
1 package of cheese tortellini
1 can of Rotel
1 pkg. of smoked sausage

Heat up a little olive oil in the pan and dump in the diced onion. Cover and let the onion wilt a little bit. While the onion is cooking, slice up the head of cabbage and put in the pan with the onion, and add about 1/3 cup of water. Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes or so. While your cabbage and onion are cooking up cut up your smoked sausage. Add the sausage and rotel to your pan and cover it. Cook the tortellini and when it's done add to the rest of the mix. Add some grated parmesan and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment