Saturday, February 27, 2010

Taco Cresent Bake

I found this on another blog and we had it tonight for dinner. It was really good! I didnt make any big changes, just made it as low in fat and calories I could. I used low fat/reduced fat and light anything I could. I don't know the calories on this, but it couldnt have been much.

1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls (Reduced Fat)
1 cup crushed corn chips, divided (baked tostitos)
1 pounds ground beef (lean ground beef)
2 cups fresh spinach leaves, shredded
1/2 jar tomato sauce
3/4 envelope taco seasoning
1/2 cup (8 ounces) sour cream (light)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese (I used WW mexican shredded)
DIRECTIONS

Unroll crescent dough into a rectangle and press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. x 9-in. baking dish.

Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of chips.
In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning; then bring to a boil.

Add shredded spinach, reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.

Spoon over chips and top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment