Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

I came across this recipe a couple of years ago when I was looking for a pecan pie recipe for our first Thanksgiving in our house. When I saw that it had chocolate chips, I knew it would be good. It has become one of our favs to make at Christmas and Thanksgiving...

3 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c flour
6 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c corn syrup
1 1/2 c chocolate chips
1 1/2 c chopped pecans
9 in pie crust (deep dish.... I always have enough to make 1 full pie, and about 1/2 another)

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, flour, melted butter, salt, lemon juice and corn syrup. Mix thoroughly and add chocolate chips and pecans. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

***I reduced the heat to 300 and cook it for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. I was having trouble with the middle not being set and the top getting too dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment