Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

I was in the mood for something sweet, but didn't really want to bake anything. I remembered I saw this recipe on someones blog and since I had everything I decided to make it. Plus it gave me a reason to try out my new food processor I got for christmas! The recipe originated from Allrecipes.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions:
1- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Take a sheet of wax paper and tightly press it over the peanut butter mixture, pressing down to even out the mixture. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or more. Remove wax paper.

2-Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate over the crumb crust. Allow to chill completely, then slice into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment