Saturday, March 14, 2009

Herb Rub for Pork Tenderloin

I got this from a friend of mine. I'm always looking for new ways to cook pork. This recipe is from Paula Dean.

1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil or 2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary

Just mix it up and rub it into the pork loin! (I of course added a little extra garlic, little less salt, and was out of basil so substituted oregano.) I let mine sit for a few hours in the fridge before cooking. I did just a 1lb pork tenderloin, so I browned all sides on the stove, then put it in the oven at 400 for just 15 minutes, then did a foil tent for 15 more and it was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment