Monday, January 5, 2009

Lasagna

Another recipe from Stephaniecooks.blogspot.com. I've never made lasagna from scratch. Although I always get lasagna when we eat out at any italian restraunt, I always just buy Stouffers when I want it at home. Well, never again. I first tried this and it was delicious! The 2nd time I tried it I used a different sauce (the light kind....I wouldn't recommend it) and it tasted bland. So the next time I make this I am going to try her sauce in the previous post.


Ingredients:
1 box of lasagna
15 oz. ricotta cheese
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1 jar (or equivalent amount) of sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Cook noodles according to package, drain
In a small bowl, beat the egg and the ricotta cheese together until smooth.
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour some sauce on the bottom of the pan until the bottom is lightly coated.
Lay 3 noodles across the bottom of the pan- top with 1/2 cup ricotta cheese- spread evenly
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Top with a layer of sauce.
Repeat layering until the ingredients are complete.
Bake for 40 minutes or until hot in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment