Monday, January 5, 2009

Magic Cookie Bars

There is another recipe for Magic Cookie bars I grew up on, so I have to label these as Nicole's Magic Cookie Bars. Nicole is my sister-in-law from Pennsylvania, and when her and my brother came down one time she made these. I HAD to have the recipe and have made them ever since. Everytime I need to bring something for a potluck, or even if we have company over at the house, I make these.

Magic Cookie Bars

1 box Yellow cake mix (I use Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Yellow)
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1 bag chocolate chips (her recipe just says 1/2 bag of chocolate chips, but I love chocolate so I use the whole bag. It seems like alot when you pour them in, but it's really not)

Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 pan. Mix everything and pour into pan, batter will be thick. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Once cooled cut into squares and enjoy!

I've tried mixing it up and using Chocolate cake mix with different flavor chips, but's they are not as good. There is something about the yellow cake mix that makes them so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment